Agricultural Materials generally refers to raw materials used on the farm or at the agricultural business in the production process. Some of the materials regulated by the WVDA include: Commercial Agricultural Fertilizer Materials, Agricultural Liming Materials, Agricultural and Forest Seeds, Commercial Feed, and Large and Small Packaged Pet Food.

All feed, pet food, lime and fertilizer products must be registered with the WVDA. Registration and labels must be accepted and approved by the WVDA for accuracy for all labeling requirements before it is allowed to be sold in commerce in our state. A state-wide inspection service is maintained for accuracy of all labeling for compliance of all WVDA agricultural laws and rules, and for collection of samples during inspections for analysis. The WVDA collects feed, pet food, fertilizer, lime and seed samples throughout all West Virginia at manufacturers, retail, and consumer samples at farms and homes.