Livestock move daily, whether it be for exhibition purposes or importing to a farm in another state. It is important to check with the state of destination for any import or testing requirements. Below are West Virginia’s current movement requirements for both exhibition and import. Please contact our Animal Health office for any questions at 304-558-2214.

WV Title 61 requires that breeding sheep and goats being exhibited in WV, must either obtain a certificate of veterinary inspection or have an Honor Herd or Honor Flock certificate. The Honor Herd and Flock certificates can be obtained through the link below. An on-farm visit may also be scheduled by contacting the Animal Health Field Technician in your area or contacting 304-558-2214.

Notice regarding CVIs related to Bovine HPAI - see USDA APHIS specifications at


Fair and Festival Regulations
West Virginia Import Requirements
Honor Flock and Honor Herd Certification