division of agriculture banner and home link
Farmers Market Vendor Registrations
Who is required to obtain a permit?
Vendors who wish to produce and sell canned acidified products, such as salsas, sauces, fermented products, acidified fruits and vegetables, and picked products are required to obtain a Farmers Market Vendor permit with the WVDA prior to sale, in lieu of a food establishment permit. Certain potentially hazardous products, such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products additionally require a food establishment permit.

Pickles Pickles

How do I obtain a permit?
Fill out the WV Farmers Market Vendor Permit Application and return to the WVDA by March 1st each year. The registration fee is $35 annually.

Vendors are required to:

-Pass an annual kitchen inspection
-Follow the Farmers Market Vendor Guide
-Pass label review by the WVDA
-Successfully complete WVDA approved training

If you are unsure if you need to obtain a vendor permit, contact farmersmarkets@wvda.us with any inquiries

Note: The farmers market vendor exemption does not indicate an exemption to FSMA produce safety requirements.

Pickles Pickles Pickles

Farmers Market Vendor Form