division of agriculture banner and home link
Agricultural Materials

Whether you're manufacturing commercial feed or purchasing small package pet feed, the West Virginia Department of Agriculture is committed to making sure the food animals consume here in the state makes the grade. It must be registered and approved before it hits the shelves. Seeds, fertiizer, and lime must also meet strict standards. There are permits for fertilizer storage, tonnage reports, and seed inspection fees. The goal is to make sure agricultural materials meet the requirements set out in state code.

WVDA employee tests samples of large pet food